Saturday, July 20, 2013

Oh hello... I didn't see you there.

Hello, and welcome to my blog. Although this isn't my first time creating one, I felt it was time to have a blog strictly dedicated to my art.

A little about me....
My name is Lauryn Danae Bremner, I'm 27 years old and I currently live in Pasadena California. I'm approaching the end of my 2nd term at Art Center College of Design as an Entertainment Arts student, in the illustration department.

You may have noticed that I'm slightly older than your average freshman in college... That is because before Art Center, I had a career in teaching percussion ensembles at the middle school, high school and college level. Art had always been a hobby but the fear of pursuing it as a career kept me from doing so for many years. My music career definitely had it's peaks though. I saw most of the United States and some areas over seas as a result of my job. I met amazing, life long friends, and learned countless lessons about  communication, humility, respect, integrity and the like. I will be forever grateful for my time in this field but it was time for something new.

I decided to leave everything I knew, behind, and pursue the dream career I never thought possible. The struggle, skills and confidence I learned in my music career has made me a hard worker, a passionate student and an independent thinker.

I look forward to where my passion and the resources at Art Center will take me!

I plan on posting as much old work as I can until I get caught up to the present day. From there on, I will try to post my finished work as regularly as I can. I am 300% open to criticism, advice and any guidance. I'd love to talk with any fellow artists too, even just to get to know each other :) I hope you enjoy seeing my progress throughout the next few years and (hopefully) for the rest of my life!

Thanks <3

-Lauryn Danae

No comments:

Post a Comment